Cocktail reception at Paradise Point (6pm):
when you reach the paradise point gondola booth, just mention that you are a conference attendee and you will be able to go in FOR FREE (MAP).
Other touristic information (a total bias list from the organizers)
Beaches in St. Thomas
- Brewers Bay (behind the University): great snorkeling spot, presence of showers and changing rooms. Free. Good for kids and family. Sea turtles, sting rays are often present.
- Lindquist Beach: towards the east end (after Red Hook area). State Park (entrance is $5) with bathrooms and changing rooms. No vendors (food or drinks). Pristine Beach, great for snorkeling, photoshooting. Turtles often present, sting rays, and corals (nino's favorite)
- Coki Beach (east end): $5 parking. Great snorkeling, food vendors and gear rentals. Near Coral World park. Good especially for kids.
- Megan's Bay (north side): largest beach on island. Often crowded with tourists. $5 to enter. Vendors, rental shacks and facilities. Great for families.
- Sapphire beach: entrance is the same of "Sapphire condos and villas", just say at the gate that you are going to the beach and ask where to park. Vendors and rental shack. Good snorkeling area. Great view of St. John.
- Visit Water island: http://www.vinow.com/waterisland/gettingthere_wi/
Going to St. Johns
Take the ferry from Red Hook (to Cruz Bay). We suggest take the Barge ferry and go over to St. John with the car to explore the island better. http://www.vinow.com/travel/virgin-islands-ferry-schedules/
Best beaches in St. John: Solomon beach/Honeymoon Beach (secluded), Oppenheimer Beach (yes the physicist), Cinnamom bay (just beautiful), Trunk bay (snorkeling, but it can get packed), Maho beach.
- Room with a View
- Blue Orchid
- Gran Crue
Further entertainment options
- Latitude 18 (live music): a bit far, on the east end
- Iggies (live music and show): that is where our conference dinner will be
- The Keys dueling piano
Aquatic Activities and Excursions (check with them for attendees discounts)
- Learn to Scuba dive, no previous experience needed (10% discount for any of their tours):
$185 includes training, 2 boat dives and scuba equipment
There is a medical form required: